Mash (mung beans) - legumes, known in our latitudes as the golden beans, came to us from the East, which is famous not only for its taste, but also healing and health properties.
According to some sources, mung beans cultivated over 5000 years! During this time they found a wide range of applications in the kitchen of South-East and Central Asia, Korea, Japan, India, and established themselves as the most valuable product with unique properties.
Chinese gourmets used to cook mung whole or stew, pre-clearing and chop with spices.
Beans cook about 40 minutes, and they do not require pre-soaking. And their taste resembles the taste of the beans, slightly grassy, with a slight nutty flavor.
Mush is used as a separate dish, side dish to various meat viands, added to soups, salads. Also famous eastern snack - it's deep fried mung beans.
And the main ingredient used in the preparation of the famous Indian chowderdhalAre light green mung bean nibs.
Especially renowned for its beneficial properties mung bean sprouts.
Apply mung beans and also in Ayurvedic cooking, because, again, this is a unique product.
Now I want to dwell on the beneficial health properties and waving.
Mash (mung beans): useful properties
- Mung beans are considered a dietary product for the law: they contain large amounts of protein and fiber and complex carbohydrates, macro- and trace elements (magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, phosphorus).
- Due to the high content of fiber and fiber mung beans help to normalize digestion and weight loss (especially in the form of sprouts!).
- Salts of potassium, magnesium and sodium are doing a great mash of Cardiology, strengthens the heart muscle, reducing blood pressure, preserving the elasticity of blood vessels and gets rid of cholesterol plaques.
- Mash has anti-inflammatory (for this reason it is recommended for colds) and wound-healing properties, accelerate the healing of thermal burns (to do this decoction and apply it to wounds).
- Chinese healers have used mash with food poisoning. According to them, mung beans can help even in cases of poisoning by pesticides and heavy metals.
- Mung beans also have hypolipidemic and diuretic effect, is removed from the intestines of harmful substances.
- Apply mash and as a remedy for acne, dermatitis, prolonged healing wounds, making packs of gruel.
- Soothing - also one of the main properties of mung beans. B vitamins ensure the stability of the nervous system.
- Also this legumes prevents the development of cancerous tumors.
- Mash normalize female hormones in menopause.
Mash (mung beans): germination
Germinated mung bean is widely used in salads, maintaining all the vitamins and trace elements.
To prepare the salad of sprouted mung, take a small amount of beans, rinse, pour a small amount of warm water and put in a warm place darkened. Within hours, the beans will start up small sprouts.
Put them in another container, preferably a flat, add a little water, cover the top cloth or a damp cloth.
During germination, which will last about three days, you should from time to time to add water, which will evaporate.
Periodically change the water in the new one. Also, do not forget to moisten the cloth and monitor the growth of beans.
Optimal for human consumption beans are in a time when the size of the germ reaches 1 cm (but watch out for, so that the beans have not started to get dark!).
Mash (mung beans): hummus recipe
All lovers of snacks (and indeed the followers of a healthy diet) suggest to try the unusual hummus of mung bean. In my opinion, he is not inferior to the classic version, the cooked chickpeas.
- mung bean crude - 200-250 g;
- sesame paste (or milled / frayed until smooth sesame) - 50 g;
- olive oil - 2-3 tablespoons;
- salt - 1 tsp or taste;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- water - 100-150 ml;
- dill / parsley / basil - 50 g;
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves;
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp;
- dried tomatoes / tomato paste (optional) - 2 tsp
Mash (mung beans), you need to pre-soak (hours 12-14).
After the water drain, rinse beans.
Place the mash in the bowl of a blender. Add to all the ingredients one by one. Thoroughly grind until uniform.
As the grinding add water, adjusting the consistency of the hummus.
PS By the way, instead of the soaked mung bean sprouts can be used. Then the appetizer will be true fount of good!
Serve hummus can be hdebtsami or crackers, with herbs and sticks of vegetables (carrot, celery, asparagus). Without a doubt, it will perfectly complement lavasch, matzah. With vegetable salad and hummus combines amazing.